Self care for yoga teachers
with Mado Hesselink
Self care through the lens of yoga and how teachers can use this perspective in their classes and marketing.
Self care is a major buzzword these days and in a lot of ways, this is great news. However, there are many different interpretations of what this means and different people’s definitions often happen to coincide with their own best interest.
Listen as I share my thoughts on self care through the lens of my yoga studies and how I think it is helpful as a yoga teacher.
Some of the things I talk about in this episode:
- A simple way of describing self-care from a yoga perspective.
- A review of the structure and function of the human nervous system and how it relates to self care.
- Why understanding the nervous system is helpful for yoga teachers.
- How the modern self-care movement oversimplifies self care and portrays it in a misleading and potentially harmful way.
- Additional ways to think about and practice self care that are more effective and accessible.
- How to talk about self care with your yoga students.