Anatomy of Stretching
with Cat Matlock
Trigger point therapist and yoga teacher Cat Matlock takes us on a tour of the human muscular system and the way it interacts with the nervous system.
- The key sensory organ that resides in your muscles and regulates your ability to stretch.
- The reason you cannot do yoga specifically for your muscles or specifically for your fascia.
- The difference between tone and tension – and how this impacts your ability to stretch a muscle.
- Why the stretch reflex actually does the opposite of what it sounds like.
- Techniques for stretching that honor the way your muscles actually work.