Ayurveda for Yoga Teachers
with Chara Carruthers
Listen to this in-depth conversation about the relationship between yoga and Ayurveda and how you can use principles from Ayurveda to enhance your teaching, practice, and life.
Understanding Ayurveda helps yoga teachers and students access a more grounded presence both in their practice and their lives. This is especially true during times of change, uncertainty, and heightened anxiety. Chara Carruthers joins Mado on the podcast to talk about how the tools of ayurveda can help us to stay centered and maintain our self care long term. Listen to their in-depth conversation that spans topics such as how we can overcome tendencies towards comparisons and beliefs about what a yoga teacher “should” and “shouldn’t” be and the difference between engaging in self care vs. seeking comfort.
- The importance of the seasons and understanding their effect on us
- Ayurveda as a tool for self care
- The connection between illness prevention and self love
- Defining our relationship and understanding of our Doshas
- What anxiety is in Ayurvedic terms
- How uncertainty and change effects immunity
- The benefits of having routines from an Ayurvedic perspective
- How to bring Ayurveda into your yoga classes
Links and Resources
NEW! Become a patron of the yoga teacher resource podcast for exclusive bonus content and opportunities