How to balance being real vs. being positive
with Mado Hesselink
Mado shares how yoga teachers can strike a balance between giving our students the positive experience they seek while also being honest about our personal struggles and challenges.
Yoga teachers experience difficulties in life like anyone else but how much of our personal challenges should we bring into our classes? In this episode, Mado shares how we can find a balance between giving our students the positive experience they seek while also being honest about our personal struggles.
Included in this episode:
- Using a dharma talk or introducing a topic or deeper teaching at the beginning of your classes
- The difference between oversharing and acknowledging challenges in your own life
- Three techniques you can use to discuss challenging topics in a yoga class so that it feels authentic without being self indulgent or burdening your students
- Specific examples of how to implement these three techniques
- Questions you can ask yourself when your feeling conflicted about whether or not to share an idea or challenge with your students