Hypermobility & Yoga
with Libby Hinsley
Physical therapist and yoga teacher, Libby Hinsley returns to the podcast to talk about hypermobility and yoga.
Psst. Want to get an email each time a new episode is released?
Libby Hinsley returns to the podcast to talk about joint hypermobility, how yoga affects bendy people differently from people with a more average range of motion, and how to best support those with hypermobile bodies in your yoga classes.
- Hallmarks of hypermobility
- Patterns in injured yogis and yoga teachers
- Things to pay attention to if you have larger than normal range of motion at your joints
- How yoga can be useful to hypermobile people
- What interoception is and how it relates to hypermobility
- Elements of supportive yoga practice for hypermobility
- The game-changing benefits of self massage
- What yoga teachers need to know about hypermobility
Links and Resources
Join the Yoga Teacher Resource Facebook Group
Sign up for Mado’s email list and get a free download of 100 yoga class themes
Episode 29: The Psoas Major in Yoga and Life
Downloadable cheat sheet for this episode