Lessons from one year of podcasting
with Mado Hesselink
Insights and surprises about yoga teachers and the yoga industry, glimpses behind the scenes of podcast production, and a vulnerable moment of self-revelation.
Links and Resources
This episode covers some of many lessons I’ve learned through producing this podcast for the past year – and spoiler alert – some of these insights are super vulnerable.
- The original inspiration for starting this podcast – and how that initial spark has evolved into the main ways that I currently work with yoga teachers.
- Two common struggles that many yoga teachers face that surprised me
- The truth about a so-called saturated market – and how yoga teachers around the world are finding their own way to a sustainable yoga business.
- The hardest part about producing the podcast – and the part that was surprisingly easier than I expected.
- One ugly truth about myself and how it has been holding me back in my business (and my life)
- A peek behind the scenes of how I choose topics for the podcast, which episodes have been the most popular, and the single most downloaded episode of the entire year.
- How listening to myself on the podcast has revealed an aspect of my personality that is both a limitation and a superpower – and how yoga has helped me manage and come to terms with this particular challenge.