Lessons on burnout and spiritual bypassing from The Bhagavad Gita
with Kaya Mindlin
Mado and Kaya Mindlin discuss how the ancient teachings from the Bhagavad Gita apply to the modern problems of burnout and spiritual bypassing.
The Bhagavad Gita is one of the most practical and accessible yogic texts. It is about yoga in action and how to apply the teachings of yoga to real life situations. But can these ancient teachings be helpful when dealing with modern issues such as burnout and spiritual bypassing? That is exactly what Kaya Mindlin and Mado Hesselink get into on this week’s episode of the podcast. They thoughtfully discuss the experience and causes of burnout and spiritual bypassing and how the teachings of the Bhagavad Gita can be a much needed remedy.
More in this episode:
- What makes the Bhagavad Gita different than other yoga texts.
- How burnout and spiritual bypassing are talked about in the Bhagavad Gita.
- A truly beautiful description of the teachings of vairagya (commonly translated as nonattachment).
- What modern yogis and yoga teachers can do to prevent burnout and spiritual bypassing.
- A simple and accessible way to practice the teachings of the Bhagavad Gita and integrate them into your everyday life.
- How the lessons in the Bhagavad Gita apply to teaching yoga classes.