with Deb Flashenberg
Mado and Deb discuss yoga during pregnancy, birth, and parenting from both the personal and professional perspective.
Gestating, birthing, and parenting another human is one of the most profound yoga practices to be experienced. Listen to this in-depth conversation with Prenatal Yoga Center founder and director, Deb Flashenberg about yoga during pregnancy, birth, and parenting from both the personal and professional perspective. Rest assured, if a pregnant student walks into your yoga class, you can support them.
- How to accept, surrender, and challenge yourself in your yoga practice during pregnancy
- The role of the psoas in pregnancy and birth
- Common misunderstandings about pregnancy and yoga
- Parenting as a yoga practice and how having a baby can change your approach to teaching
- How to create community, check in with your students and make them feel heard
- Advice for how to best serve pregnant students in mixed level classes
Links and Resources
Become a patron of the yoga teacher resource podcast to support ad-free episodes and receive bonus content
Deb’s podcast Yoga | Birth | Babies – Mado’s episode will be airing soon
Find out more about Deb’s work on her website