Racial Equity in Yoga Spaces
with Michele Ashley
Learn what it means to create equitable spaces for Black, indigenous, people of color in yoga.
Psst. Want to get an email each time a new episode is released?
Learn what it means to create equitable spaces for Black, indigenous, people of color in the yoga community and how to help people who are underrepresented in the yoga space feel safe and welcome in your classes.
- How the 8 Limbs of Yoga relate to practicing racial equity
- How white yoga teachers can make their classes more welcoming to people of color
- How to educate yourself about equity in a way that doesn’t burden people of color
- Examining our implicit biases and how does doing our own work helps create a welcoming space for all
- Understanding systems of oppression and dominant culture and the effect it can have on the yoga studio being more equitable and inclusive
- Miche’s advice for how to get started and where to start if you’re feeling overwhelmed
Links and Resources
Become a patron of the yoga teacher resource podcast to support ad-free episodes and receive bonus content
Join the Yoga Teacher Resource Facebook Group
Sign up for Mado’s email list and get a free download of 100 yoga class themes
Listen to Episode #1 of the podcast