Self Care Reconsidered
with Mado Hesselink
Demystify the idea of self care and learn how to implement it in your own life.
Psst. Want to get an email each time a new episode is released?
Self care is essential for yoga teachers – but easier said than done. In the fast pace of modern culture, our role has partly become a cheerleader for self care. Yet, many of us live with life circumstances that cause us to neglect our own self-care. In this week’s episode, I demystify the idea of self care and offer a simple way of thinking about it that will help you understand how to implement it in your own life.
This episode originally aired May 30th, 2019 – enjoy the replay!
- A simple way of describing self-care from a yoga perspective.
- A review of the structure and function of the human nervous system and how it relates to self care.
- Why understanding the nervous system is helpful for yoga teachers.
- How the modern self-care movement oversimplifies self care and portrays it in a misleading and potentially harmful way.
- Additional ways to think about and practice self care that are more effective and accessible.
- How to talk about self care with your yoga students.
Links and Resources
Become a patron of the Yoga Teacher Resource Podcast to support weekly ad-free podcast episodes and get bonus resources each month.
Join The Yoga Teacher Resource Email List
Follow YTR on Instagram @yoga.teacher.resource