Sequencing Warm Ups
with Mado Hesselink
Warm ups are an essential part of your yoga sequence. Hear my thoughts on why warming up is important and how to choose the right warm ups for your class.
Warm ups are an essential part of your yoga sequence – so how do you know if you are choosing the right poses? By listener request, I share my thoughts on the topic in this episode including:
- The two main purposes for warming up
- The kind of movement that is best for fulfilling these intentions
- How to choose warm up poses based on the more challenging poses you plan to teach later in the sequence.
- Why I think that most basic yoga poses are actually pretty complex – and how to prepare our students to get the most out of them.
- A simple guideline you can use for any class
- How to modify warm ups based on the population you teach
This episode originally aired April 11, 2019 – enjoy the replay!
Links and Resources
Email subscribers have access to three short videos of warm up sequences that I use personally. Subscribe now to get access to this and other bonus content.
Become a patron of the Yoga Teacher Resource Podcast to support weekly ad-free podcast episodes and get bonus resources each month.
Follow YTR on Instagram @yoga.teacher.resource