Shannon Crow on Pelvic Health
Mado speaks with Shannon Crow about what yoga teachers should know about pelvic health and how she built her one to one consultation business.
Shannon Crow is a yoga teacher who specializes in yoga for pelvic health and trains other yoga teachers to do the same. In her conversation with Mado, she shares the basics of what every yoga teacher should know about pelvic health, information for yoga teachers interested in focusing on pelvic health, and also how she built her one to one pelvic health consultation business.
In this episode:
- How the breath impacts our pelvic health.
- Why Kegels and Mula Bandha aren’t appropriate for all (or even most) yoga students.
- How to determine if a specific pose, practice, or exercise is safe for you if you have pelvic health issues.
- Why pelvic health is a fantastic niche for yoga teachers – and how to determine if it is right for you.
- How yoga teachers can work cooperatively with pelvic floor PTs – and how to initiate relationships that result in a steady stream of referrals.