Somatics and Yoga:
with Trina Altman
Incorporate somatics into your yoga classes to offer your students access to deeper relaxation and a better mind/body connection.
Incorporate somatics into your yoga classes to offer your students access to deeper relaxation and a better mind/body connection. In this episode Trina Altman shares the story of how she fell in love with somatic movement and offers advice for yoga teachers who want to incorporate somatic principles into their classes.
- How somatics can make yoga more accessible for people with persistent pain or hyper/hypomobility
- The 3 types of somatic movements
- The importance of relaxation for better learning
- Aesthetic cueing vs inquiry based cueing
- What we can learn from the nervous system and how we can influence it.
Links and Resources
Become a patron of the Yoga Teacher Resource Podcast to support weekly ad-free podcast episodes and get bonus resources each month.
Follow YTR on Instagram @yoga.teacher.resource
Trina’s website – where you can buy Yoga Deconstructed
Mindful Movement – By Dr. Martha Eddy