Staying centered while opening a yoga studio [on-air coaching call]
with Mado Hesselink
Mado offers reflections and strategies for a new yoga studio owner who has a unique vision for her business.
Kim is in the process of opening a yoga studio in an up-and-coming neighborhood in New York City. While she waits for her permits and paperwork to go through, she takes the opportunity to get some one-on-one coaching from Mado about her unique vision. In addition to being in an owner/administrative role, Kim wants to be a practitioner at her own studio. Listen as Mado offers some reflections and strategies to help her be successful as a new yoga studio owner.
In this episode:
- How to be able to practice at the studio as the owner without getting overwhelmed by the day to day tasks and things that come up.
- Bringing a yoga mindset into the experience of opening a studio.
- Creating structure in your schedule so that you get time to recharge.
- Holding boundaries for ourselves in business and leadership roles.
- The importance of having a support person such as a manager or assistant and what skill sets to look for when hiring this person.
- How to communicate with employees and clients and maintain integrity around your relationships.
- Suggestions for sales and promotions that have proven to work well for yoga studios.