Teaching Underserved Communities
with Brandon Dawson-Jarvis
Learn how to connect with populations who might not have access to yoga and challenge common yoga misconceptions.
Learn how to connect with people who have less access to yoga. Mado and Brandon Dawson-Jarvis talk about how to best communicate about yoga to underserved communities and people who don’t think of themselves as yoga practitioners, as well as how to challenge common misconceptions about yoga.
- Simple ideas to get started sharing yoga with underserved communities
- The benefits of yoga for people who don’t see themselves represented in media depictions of yoga.
- Inspiring stories about the powers of a simple yoga practice
- The importance of representation in yoga
- Yoga for preventative mental health
Links and Resources
Follow YTR on Instagram @yoga.teacher.resource
Grove Campus – a company that organizes and executes community events and donation based yoga sessions.