The dark side of daily practice
with Mado Hesselink
While a daily home yoga practice can be nourishing and inspiring for many teachers, approaching it from a place of competition and lack is a recipe for injury and depletion.
Inspired by an email I received from a fellow yoga teacher, today’s episode explores the following questions:
- We try to make a yoga practice accessible for students, but what about the teacher?
- What does it mean if you are actually becoming less flexible rather than more flexible when you increase your frequency of practice?
- It feels like everyone tells me a yoga teacher must practice, but if I suspect my practice might be injuring me, should I stop?
- Do you need to be able to perform certain poses to be a good yoga teacher?
Links and Resources:
- Schedule a coaching call with Mado
- Join the Yoga Teacher Resource Facebook Group
- Get new episodes emailed to you weekly