Yoga for Mental Health
with Maria Kirsten
Mado is joined by yoga teacher and Occupational Therapist Maria Kirsten for a dynamic and wide reaching conversation about mental health, how yoga fits in, and some specific ways yoga teachers can support their students in their classes.
Psst. Want to get an email each time a new episode is released?
Maria Kirsten joins Mado for a fascinating and dynamic conversation about mental health and yoga including specific ways yoga teachers can support the mental health of their students in their classes.
- The stigma of mental health and normalizing the full spectrum of experiences
- How social media helps and hinders mental health
- A definition of mental health and signs that indicate a healthy mental state
- Yoga as a tool for resilience and crisis
- Skills yoga teachers need to facilitate an experience for your students that supports mental health
- How cultivating your skills as a yoga teacher can help support your own mental health
Links and Resources
NEW! Become a patron of the yoga teacher resource podcast for exclusive bonus content and opportunities
Join the Yoga Teacher Resource Facebook Group
Sign up for Mado’s email list and get a free download of 100 yoga class themes