Yoga for Mental Health
with Maria Kirsten
Mado is joined by yoga teacher and Occupational Therapist Maria Kirsten for a dynamic and wide reaching conversation about mental health, how yoga fits in, and some specific ways yoga teachers can support their students in their classes.
Maria Kirsten joins Mado for a fascinating and dynamic conversation about mental health and yoga including specific ways yoga teachers can support the mental health of their students in their classes.
- The stigma of mental health and normalizing the full spectrum of experiences
- How social media helps and hinders mental health
- A definition of mental health and signs that indicate a healthy mental state
- Yoga as a tool for resilience and crisis
- Skills yoga teachers need to facilitate an experience for your students that supports mental health
- How cultivating your skills as a yoga teacher can help support your own mental health
Links and Resources
NEW! Become a patron of the yoga teacher resource podcast for exclusive bonus content and opportunities