Yoga, Self-Worth, and the Law
with Cory Sterling
Learn the basics of legal agreements and powerful insights about boundaries and relationships for yoga teachers.
Psst. Want to get an email each time a new episode is released?
What does the law have to do with self-worth? Listen for a unique perspective on the purpose of the law and why yoga teachers need to understand the legal landscape around their vocation.
- The biggest misunderstanding yoga teachers have about the law
- Most important areas of law for yoga teachers to be aware
- The differences between a being an independent contractor and an employee
- How to understand written agreements with yoga studios, how to go about creating them and how to feel empowered to ask for changes to a contract
- A checklist of things to look for in a contract with a yoga studio
- Important changes to employment law in California and what it means for yoga teachers and studios
Links and Resources
Become a patron of the yoga teacher resource podcast to support ad-free episodes and receive bonus content
Join the Yoga Teacher Resource Facebook Group
Sign up for Mado’s email list and get a free download of 100 yoga class themes
Learn more about Cory and his legal services for yoga professionals