Yoga, Self-Worth, and the Law
with Cory Sterling
Learn the basics of legal agreements and powerful insights about boundaries and relationships for yoga teachers.
What does the law have to do with self-worth? Listen for a unique perspective on the purpose of the law and why yoga teachers need to understand the legal landscape around their vocation.
- The biggest misunderstanding yoga teachers have about the law
- Most important areas of law for yoga teachers to be aware
- The differences between a being an independent contractor and an employee
- How to understand written agreements with yoga studios, how to go about creating them and how to feel empowered to ask for changes to a contract
- A checklist of things to look for in a contract with a yoga studio
- Important changes to employment law in California and what it means for yoga teachers and studios
Links and Resources
Become a patron of the yoga teacher resource podcast to support ad-free episodes and receive bonus content