Yoga Tools for Anxiety
with Kristine Weber
Kristine and Mado discuss what happens in your body when you experience anxiety and the scientific reasons why yoga is helpful.
Kristine Weber is a leading authority on the neuro-scientific benefits of slow, mindful movement. She joins Mado on the podcast for an in-depth conversation about what happens physiologically when you experience anxiety and the science behind why yoga is helpful for anxiety.
In this episode:
- How we experience and process trauma, our behavior, and when anxiety can show up.
- What is going on physically in the body when we experience anxiety.
- Opportunities to reach more people with the benefits of yoga and how to be more accessible to these people.
- The most important tools from yoga for managing anxiety
- How the Yamas and Niyamas help with anxiety
- The problem of using yoga for spiritual and emotional bypassing
- How to proceed if you are interested in using yoga practices for mental health benefits
Links and Resources
NEW! Become a patron of the yoga teacher resource podcast for extra trainings & content to help you integrate and apply what you learn. Join by Saturday, April 18th to get an invite to this special LIVE online training: How to Teach Philosophy in an asana class (without sounding preachy, boring, or clueless).
Find Kristine at www.subtleyoga.com
These are the headphones she talked about at the end of the episode. (Affiliate link – I’ll get a small credit if you purchase through this link.)